Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Can You Have Your Cake and Eat It Too?

While a chameleon camouflages itself against its environment, it doesn't stay in that form indefinitely. Sooner or later, when it feels secure, it reverts to its true form.

As a human, I am like a chameleon camouflaging myself in order to fit in with the environment. But I know that my real identity is infinite light.

What does it mean to be infinite light?

It means that my real identity is light. Though I appear to be in a form, I am light.

How can you be light when you are a form?

In Through a Glass Darkly I wrote:

"We tend to see people in parts either from the back, front or in profile. Hello? I have a multi-dimensional appearance as in top, bottom, left, right, back, front and inside. When you see me from all those dimensions then you're really seeing me. Otherwise, as Paul puts it, you're seeing me "through a glass, darkly." (1 Corinthians 13: 12)
This means the woman you see is not who I am. I am all dimensions happening at the same time. However, because our senses can only pick up a few things at a time, we perceive things in part, and eh voila, I appear as a human form. It's a pretty sophisticated way to disguise the wonder that I am, that we all are.

Oh I see. We are light but our senses make us appear in parts.

That's right.

Can you have your cake and eat it too?

What do you mean?

Can we play the game of camouflage while still being the light wonder?

Yes, we can. I believe this is what it means to self-realise. You realise that you're light and have always been light and still remain in a human form.

How can one apply this idea, nice as it sounds, into every day life? How can self-realisation as light help someone in distress? How can light feed the hungry and heal the sick?

By simply knowing you are light you take on the properties of light, effortlessly.

And what are these properties?

Infinite, eternal and boundless, to name but a few.

What if I know "I am light" and I'm still in pain and unhappy?

Just persist and know who you are. Know that though you appear as a form, it's important to remember that your senses are deceiving you. You are light and light is boundless; light is freedom.

So what you're saying is stop believing in appearances, right?

Indeed. Appearances are not how they appear, no pun intended.

And it's simply a matter of knowing that I am light and all is light. Then what?

Then let the light do its work as you and within you. You can still play at being a human with preferences, but at least you know you are a chameleon having fun in a different outfit while never forgetting who it is.

It's official, I can have my cake and eat it too.

Enocia

Related articles: Freedom is Being the Love that I Am; I am Light; Through a Glass Darkly; Ending Duality - Same Old, Same Old