Friday, November 24, 2006

Fitting a Square Peg into a Round Hole

No matter what they tell us
No matter what they do
No matter what they teach us
What we believe is true

No matter what they call us
However they attack
No matter where they take us
We'll find our own way back

I can't deny what I believe
I can't be what I'm not
I know I'll love forever
I know, no matter what No Matter What, Boyzone
I used to think I had a weak body due to my genetic heritage. I would get tired over little things. Doing a household chore like vacuum cleaning left me exhausted. I would feel sick in the pit of my stomach.

One day I had an insight. Instead of thinking your body is weak and gets tired over little things, what if you're feeling tired because of how you are identifying yourself. It was then I realised that I am spirit trying to make myself flesh; I am the infinite trying to make myself finite.

What is spirit? Spirit is formless and has no body mass or weight. It is awareness, being.

When I vacuumed without thought, I didn't know where my body began and where the carpet and vacuum cleaner ended. There was only one of us being in a vacuum cleaning way, effortlessly.

The moment I try to do anything with force or will power, I'm back to the person with a weak body who gets tired very easily.

All along I believed I was born with a weak body with very little stamina. Little did I know that I was trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

I can't be what I'm not.
I am what I am.

Enocia

Related article: My Function