Friday, November 17, 2006

Lifelines

In the television quiz show called Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?, the contestant has to either answer 15 multiple choice questions correctly to win £1 million or as many questions as he can to win the equivalent in cash. The first few questions are very easy; actually, all the questions are easy when you know the answer. The contestant has three lifelines which he can use when he gets stuck on a question. He can ask the audience for help; use 50:50, which means the choice of answers is narrowed to 2 instead of 4; or he can phone a friend. When the contestant has used up all his lifelines he's all on his own. So long as he keeps getting the answers correct, he can continue playing. If he gets a question he's not sure about, it's up to him to decide if he wants to gamble or take whatever cash he has won. According to the website, only four people have won £1 million. Is it any wonder?

In life we have zillions of lifelines but our beliefs can make life appear as if we only have a few lifelines remaining.

My mother asked me to run an errand for her this morning. I put out an intent to the Universe to wake me up at a certain time. Around that time someone rang for my mother. I went back to sleep and asked the Universe to wake me up in five minutes. I was determined to let those five minutes stretch into eternity. After a while I heard my mother calling me and reminding me to get up. When I got up I discovered my mother hadn't called me at all, but I had dreamt she had. Oh well, at least that got me up.

At the bus stop, the driver was taking his rest and not letting anyone in the bus. The moment it started drizzling he opened the doors and we got on board. During the journey I reminded the Universe that I wasn't going to be able to carry an umbrella and two shopping bags. As soon as I got off the bus the rain stopped. I did the shopping. Just as I was about to come out of the supermarket I noticed it was spitting but it stopped as soon as I stepped out. Then I caught my bus to the local station. Instead of waiting for another bus I had a feeling it would be quicker to walk the 10 minutes or so journey home, which I did, and it was dry all the way. And the bags felt as if someone else was carrying them.

The Universe is like a current flowing in the one direction. This means, when you call on it, the entire universe is on your side; as IT was on my shopping trip and manifested the right conditions accordingly. It was as if I was using one of my lifelines to do the shopping.

After I'd dumped the shopping, I walked to the bus stop to catch my bus. It felt like business as usual i.e., I no longer needed the Universe's help.

Is this because:

a) I'm perfectly capable of doing things on my own, thank you very much?
b) I only have a few lifelines remaining so I have to use my lifelines carefully?
c) I've run out of lifelines?
d) I can't see any other option?

Hmmm! Shall I phone a friend?

Enough of this madness! I don't have a few lifelines I can only call upon in a crisis, the Universe has infinite lifelines. This means I have infinite lifelines I can use each moment.

What would life be like if we all knew we had limitless lifelines we can use every moment? Would you worry when you know you have infinite lifelines supporting you? Can you ever get sick when you're always being supported? Can you die when you have infinite lifelines?

While Who Wants to be a Millionaire? is fun to watch or participate in, it is pure entertainment and bears no relevance to reality.

One life, infinite lifelines.

Enocia

Related article: The Personal versus the Universal Approach