Monday, November 27, 2006

Omnipresent Spirit

"And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear." (Isaiah 65: 24)
As part of trusting in the Universe, I stopped wearing a watch years ago. Besides, there are always public clocks around anyway to keep me posted. I could always ask someone if I ever need to.

As I was leaving that morning, I had a feeling I would be back late. So I told my mother to expect me home around 10 pm.

By the time I'd done what I went out to do, browsed at a bookshop, it was getting quite late. On my bus home the driver stopped the bus. We waited for the next driver to swap with him. We waited...and we waited...and we waited...still no driver.

While we were waiting, my attention was drawn to a woman teaching her baby how to say "daddy." I noticed how the baby was oblivious to our predicament. He was having such fun saying "dada." He didn't seem bothered about waiting. What did the baby care about the driver looking at his watch indicating his colleague was late? What did the baby care about what time he would arrive home? What did the baby care about time?

When the next driver finally arrived, he seemed very jolly and said hello but the driver wasn't amused. "You could at least turn up on time," he snapped at him. "I don't need to get home, these people don't need to get home."

I felt sorry for the new driver. Without further ado he got into his seat and we were off.

When I got off the bus, I decided not to wait for my next bus but to walk home. I thought about the baby who seemed to be living outside of time. When you're outside of time, does it mean you're in control of time?

It depends on how you identify yourself, the inner voice said. If you only see yourself as human experiencing time and space then you're a being of time and very much under its whim. On the other hand, when you realise yourself as omnipresent Spirit, time is at your command to use as you see fit.

As you're walking now, do you seriously think you're only in this place where your physical body is at? Not so. You're already where you call home. The truth of omnipresence is you're always where you need to be. This is the meaning of the passage in Isaiah: "Before they call, I will answer."

So...what you're saying is that I'm everywhere present?

Exactly. But you have to know this as truth. You have to give up the human habit of thinking you're only in one place at a time. While it's good to be present in whatever you're doing, you must also be aware of your omnipresence at all time. Realise that as spirit, the all that you are is in perfect synchrony fulfilling your wishes at all time. Therefore, when you say you're going to achieve such and such at a particular time, it will get done because the all of you will see to it that it gets done. But you have to know that your identity is Spirit and trust in Spirit.

When I arrived home I looked at the clock and it was 10 o'clock exactly.

It would seem that the tardy driver had not been delayed at all; he was only playing his part to get me home at the time I said I was going to arrive.

I am Omnipresent Spirit.

Enocia

Related articles: Fitting a Square Peg into a Round Hole; Can You Have Your Cake and Eat It Too?; Lifelines; Masters of Time; Accident or Omnipresence at Work?