Monday, December 18, 2006

Everything Works Out for the Best

"Are you going out later?" my mother asked.
"Yes, I am,"
"In that case could you do me a favour?"
"What?"
"I just want you to photocopy something for me and put it in the post. You could let me have the copy later. That's all."
"No problem," I said.

I decided to meditate for an hour or so. I was having so much fun I didn't feel like going out anymore but wanted to continue meditating.

"Mum, I'm going to stay in and meditate," I said. "The letter you wanted can be posted tomorrow, right?
"I suppose so," she said.

After several hours of meditation, I emerged from the silence. It was time to put the rubbish out to be collected in the morning. Just as I was about to open the front door, the door bell rang. There was a man with a package for my mother.

"How come you're delivering on a Sunday?" I said.
"I had some backlog that I'm finishing off today."

I signed the form on my mother's behalf and gave the package to her.

"Just as well you never went out to photocopy that document," mum said, "because the package has arrived."

It turned out that a while back, mum had ordered something but hadn't received it. When she phoned the company about her order, they told her they'd already sent it. They sent her a form to fill in confirming that the order had been lost in the post. After Saturday's post and still no package, she decided to send the Loss Form. The Loss Form was what she had wanted me to photocopy and post for her.

"Wow, God arranged for me to stay in and meditate, which prevented me from photocopying the form. If I had posted the form, it would have been for nothing. God even delivered your package on a Sunday. Don't you think that's amazing?"

"Yes it is," mum said. "Everything works out for the best."

Amen to that!

Enocia

Related articles: Love is Meeting All Needs Perfectly; What Blesses One Blesses All