Saturday, December 16, 2006

One Love, Many Guises and Special Relationships

The One Love is appearing as the many guises.

Yesterday, I met an Internet friend for the first time in person. It felt like I'd known him forever. Actually, I have known him forever, it's simply the first time I'm meeting him in his current form/guise. We went to sit in the local park. We discussed the types of music we both loved and how a lot of popular music these days sound the same. The performers move in the same way and lack originality. As we were chatting a young man approached us. One side of his face was badly bruised as if he'd been in a fight. The man started rapping to us about his life experiences. Funnily enough, he was moving in a way a lot of these performers move in their music videos. I felt so much love for him. According to his song, his girlfriend had beat him up. As it was drizzling we got up to leave but the young man said he hadn't finished his story. He said he was a good man and he had a good heart. He told us to remember the "One Love." While I was hugging him he whispered in my ear that he wished he could have me as his girl friend. He asked my friend for some cigarettes and my friend gave him half a packet. He asked us what our names were. We told him. He prayed for God to bless us. We said goodbye. As we walked away my friend told me he's seen the guy around the local hospital where he works.

We headed off to the local pub. My friend bought some beer but I didn't fancy any alcohol and opted for soft drink. As we sat in a corner chatting we noticed a man and a woman sitting on stools near the bar. We ended up sharing life stories with them. They even bought us drinks. My friend found the couple very inspiring. Our new friends couldn't believe we'd only just met. They thought we were a loving couple. Of course we are, we are all in LOVE. It was wonderful being with them.

Later, my friend taught me how to shoot pool, which I've never done before. Even though I was crap at it, I still ended up winning because he accidentally potted the black ball which means the opponent automatically wins. I practised shooting the balls and managed to get a few in the pockets; my friend found my technique rather amusing though.

One of the things I discussed with my friend while we were in the pub was the notion of special relationships. I said I keep meeting men of like-minds that I connect with in Love but I find I don't know how to love them in a special way. I'm reminded of the book, Autobiography of a Yogi. After Sri Yukteswar death he returns to give account of the "after life."

"The earth-liberated astral being meets a multitude of relatives, fathers, mothers, wives, husbands, and friends, acquired during different incarnations on earth, as they appear from time to time in various parts of the astral realms. He is therefore at a loss to understand whom to love especially; he learns in this way to give a divine and equal love to all, as children and individualized expressions of God. Though the outward appearance of loved ones may have changed, more or less according to the development of new qualities in the latest life of any particular soul, the astral being employs his unerring intuition to recognize all those once dear to him in other planes of existence, and to welcome them to their new astral home. Because every atom in creation is inextinguishably dowered with individuality, an astral friend will be recognized no matter what costume he may don, even as on earth an actor's identity is discoverable by close observation despite any disguise." The Resurrection of Sri Yukteswar
My feelings exactly! I'm constantly meeting old friends that I've always loved and will always love. How can I treat one more special than another? The best thing is to love them as both my spirit friends and spirit play mates that I can enjoy being with. The only snag is some spirit friends in male garbs tend to want a sexual type friendship or a special type relationship. Why can't we just have fun being with one another and loving one another, the way we used to as children, without the fuss or muss?

One love, one heart
Let's get together and feel all right Bob Marley
I love you all.

Enocia

Related articles: Heaven is Now; The Many Hues of Love; Meeting with Friends; Networking; My Friends of Love-Light; As High as a Kite; Cherished Memories