Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Support

"The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27: 1
I accompanied my mother to the hospital today for some tests before her impending operation. Though I don't share my mother's belief in hospital treatment, I still support her in her journey and will be there with her regardless.

While we were waiting to see the nurse, I was struck by the tangible presence of Love everywhere. It doesn't matter where you are, Love is present.

I told mum about how I was feeling Love's presence all around us. I said that years ago when I was nervous about going to the dentist, what calmed me down was knowing that Love was present in the instruments, the dentists and the staff. It was my most peaceful at the dentist, ever. I found I didn't need to take any medication.

"It just shows that there's no need for us to fear anything," mum said.
"Exactly. Love is present in all time," I said. "This means Love is already present when you've been scheduled to have the op, in the surgeon, the instruments, the nurses. We get fearful when we forget that Love is everywhere."

The appointment went very well. Mum said she found the hospital staff very "amiable."

Love is support.

Enocia

Related article: The Causeless Cause; Light is All and in All; Love is All There Is; Not All Suffering Is