Friday, January 26, 2007

Continuity

Things are constantly changing. People come and go. You're watching your favourite film and enjoying it and before you know it, it's the end. You're reading your favourite book and before you know it, it's finished. Why can't we enjoy what we love forever? Why do things have to end?

Do all experiences have a beginning and end or do they appear that way?

When I listen to a song it starts off with silence, then the music comes on and plays until it tails off and I'm left with silence. If things start and end in silence this means that silence is the only continuity there is.

Silence is, always has been, and always will be. Silence is in all things. Because silence is in all experiences and in all things, silence is all there is. Since silence is all there is there can be no beginning or end.

When I'm listening to music I see it as silence transmuting itself into harmonies that sound like music and then back into silence. The music is still playing but as silence. This means music never ends.

Love never ends;
Power never ends;
Peace never ends;
Joy never ends;
Wisdom never ends;
Light never ends;
Abundance never ends;
Goodness never ends;
Happiness never ends;
Comfort never ends;
Friendship never end;
Fulfilment never ends;
Beauty never ends;
Perfection never ends;
Life never ends.

How do you make that which never ends into a physical reality? I'm reminded of what a friend said to me recently: "I like chips (fries) but I wouldn't want to have them every single day." The point is to know that whatever you love is always available whether you choose to have it or not.

All good is available now.

I am silence.

Enocia

Related articles: Beyond the Senses; All Good is Ever Present; I Change Not; The Power of Inner Silence; You Already Know It All