Saturday, January 13, 2007

Dreams Do Come True

They've been using the Bobby Darin song "Don't Rain on My Parade" in a car advert. I love it. Part of the lyrics goes:

Hey world, here I am.......

Don't tell me not to fly I've simply got to
If someone takes a spill
It's me and not you
Don't bring around a cloud to rain on my parade Lyrics
Over the last week, I've been following the reality TV show called Soapstar Superstar, where stars from British and Australian soaps are showcasing their musical talents and competing to be this year's Soapstar Superstar. The format is as follows: after all the contestants have performed their songs, members of the public have to vote for their favourite stars to get through to the next round. The two contestants with the least votes have to wait till the beginning of the next show to find out if they're still in or out.

Because the public gets to select songs for the soapstars to perform, I kept hoping they would choose the Bobby Darin song. Well, the public did and nominated Antony Cotton to perform it. The only snag was in that show the two contestants with the least votes were Antony and Tupele Dorgu. This meant if Antony didn't get through to the next round I wouldn't hear him perform my song. Antony did get through and I got to hear him perform my song beautifully.

I also love Antony's attitude to the whole show. He says he doesn't think about winning as that would get in the way of his performance. He prefers to focus on one day at a time and see how it goes. The finale is on tonight but I'm not going to be home on time to watch it.

Thank you Antony for making my dream come true. I love you.

Enocia

Related article: Everything You Want, Wants You