Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Sleeping Partners

sleeping partner UK noun [C] (US silent partner)
a partner in a company who does not take an active part in its management, especially one who provides some of the money Cambridge Dictionary
After I'd finished working on an article and I published it, an error message came up. To paraphrase it read: "we are sorry we were unable to deal with your request." I noticed the pronoun "we." Of course, everything I do is never in isolation. We are all in this together. The error turned out to be a timely reminder; I ended up not publishing the article as it didn't feel complete. I ended up writing this one instead.

Blogger.com is one of my sleeping partners. I wouldn't be able to post any articles on Blogger without my sleeping partners writing the programmes and designing the templates I use to blog with. There wouldn't be any blogs without my sleeping partner, the ideas I'm expressing. Blogger is part of the Internet, another sleeping partner. How would I be able to access the Internet without my sleeping partner, the computer. Billions of sleeping partners are helping me get this story published, yet I will only meet a few in person. At least I know they are always present as my sleeping partners.

There's a scene in the film, Forrest Gump, when Forrest is describing his many adventures to Jenny, the love of his life:

JENNY
Hey, Forrest, were you scared in Vietnam?

FORREST:
Yes. Well, I, I don't know.

EXT. VIETNAM - FLASHBACK - NIGHT

Forrest looks up into the sky as the rain stops. Forrest removes his helmet. The stars emerge from behind the clouds.

FORREST (V.O.)
Sometimes it would stop raining long enough for the stars to come out. And then it was nice. It was like just before the sun goes to bed down on the bayou...

EXT. BAYOU - FLASHBACK - SUNSET

Forrest stands on his boat and looks at a deep orange and red sunset.

FORREST (V.O.)
There was over a million sparkles on the water. Like that mountain lake.

EXT. MOUNTAIN LAKE - FLASHBACK - DAY

Forrest runs along a highway. A lake reflects the mountains and the sky.

FORREST (V.O.)
It was so clear, Jenny. It looks like there were two skies, one on top of the other. And then in the desert, when the sun comes up...

EXT. DESERT - FLASHBACK - SUNRISE

Forrest runs along a desert highway. The morning light casts an orange glow over the desert.

FORREST (V.O.)
I couldn't tell where heavens stopped and the earth began. It was so beautiful.

INT. GUMP HOUSE - MORNING

Forrest looks at Jenny. Jenny looks out the window.

JENNY
I wish I could have been there with you.

FORREST
You were. Forrest Gump Screenplay
Although Jenny wasn't physically present with Forrest during his travels, she was always present as his sleeping partner.

Today I received an email from a sleeping partner who has just discovered my blog, The One in All.

He wrote:

"Just a quick note to say Hi and thanks for all the writing that you prepared for me so beautifully." (smile)
In other words, I'm now aware of another sleeping partner in form.

In a previous piece, I wrote:

"The Us is eternal and unchanging. It is the same Us that was being expressed through Jesus as the Father principle. It is the same Us that expresses through anyone who knows his or her Oneness with Spirit. Thus though this personality, Enocia, wasn’t present when Jesus walked the earth, I was there in Consciousness as the Us. We spoke through Jesus as the teachings and We expressed through Jesus as the miracles." All Good is Ever Present
I believe God, the "Us" is the sum total of all the sleeping partners in whatever form they take. No matter what I appear to be doing, my sleeping partners are always present giving me their silent approval and support.

When I acknowledge my sleeping partners' presence, I see the universe as a place that's full of love, and love is always supporting me in all my endeavours; and according to my belief, so be it.

When I ignore my sleeping partners, it feels like I'm all alone with no one to help me; and according to my delusion, so be it.

I thank all my sleeping partners for their continued love, support, and blessings.

With love,
Sleeping Partner Enocia

Related articles: Support; The Almighty at Work; The Personal versus the Universal Approach; My Friends of Love-Light; The Mighty Us; Trust in the Many Hands to Make Light Work; Extras; A World in a Grain of Sand; All Good is Ever Present